Advanced Treatments to Save Your Smile
Dental damage can affect your health and quality of life. You may experience a toothache or impaired dental function, or you may simply feel embarrassed about the look of your smile. Fortunately, Dr. Dooley and his team offer a full range of restorative treatments that can improve your oral function and help you feel great about your smile.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dental treatments are personalized procedures that can repair compromised teeth and eliminate discomfort. Our restorative options include:
- Dental fillings: We use tooth-colored fillings to treat cavities. The material will match the color of your smile, and it will strengthen your teeth more effectively than metal fillings.
- Dental crowns: Tooth-shaped crowns can strengthen your teeth and correct many types of dental damage. Crowns can be made of metal, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic, or zirconia.
- Inlays and onlays: Inlays and onlays perform many of the same functions as crowns. However, they are smaller, fitting over the chewing surfaces of molars.
- Dental bridges: Dental bridges are made up of several tooth-shaped restorations, and they will fill in the space left by missing teeth.
- Dental implants: Dental implants can replace one, several, or all of your teeth. Dr. Dooley works closely with a number of trusted oral surgeons to place the implant posts in your jawbone. After your implant placement, and your jawbone has healed, he will attach your new restoration.
- Dentures: We offer full, partial, and implant-supported dentures to replace multiple adjacent teeth or your entire smile.
- Root canals: If you have a dental infection, Dr. Dooley may recommend a root canal treatment. He will remove bacteria and debris from inside your tooth, and then place a natural-looking dental crown to protect the tooth.
- Tooth extractions: Extraction is a last resort, as your restorative dentist will always try to save your tooth. However, if this is not possible, Dr. Dooley offers gentle tooth extractions.
The Importance of Restorative Treatment
Our various restorative dental treatments can ease your discomfort and prevent further tooth damage. In addition, dental restorations will help you to eat and speak normally. Finally, if dental damage has impacted your self-esteem, our restorative treatments will help you to smile with confidence.
We offer high-quality restorations made from advanced dental materials. Our porcelain and zirconia come in a range of shades, and they provide a lifelike sparkle that is virtually identical to dental enamel. Plus, whether you choose one of these materials, or you select a metal restoration, our lab will make sure that your prosthetic fits comfortably and maintains your healthy dental alignment.
Do You Need Restorative Care?
If you are suffering from any of the following types of dental damage, you are likely a good candidate for restorative care:
- Cracked or weakened teeth
- A dental infection
- Missing teeth
- Loose teeth
Schedule a Restorative Dentistry Consultation
Repair a damaged or infected tooth and restore your overall smile with a custom restorative dental treatment. To schedule a consultation, call Scott Dooley Dentistry in Garland, TX, today at 972-846-4438. We also proudly serve the residents of Dallas, Richardson, Wylie, Sachse, and all surrounding communities.